Plymouth City Council’s next Meet the Expert workshop is ‘Meet the Professional Video Expert’ which focusses on ‘how to tell your business story’ and is being delivered by Tom Palmer, one of the founders of Ocean City Media, and former senior BBC editor. This workshop will offer practical advice on how storytelling is a great way of engaging with people and getting key messages across about you and your business. The interactive workshop will cover:
- Storytelling is an effective way of attracting interest and making things real
- By applying storytelling techniques you can enhance your pitches, reports, presentations and meetings. You can transform the way people think and feel about your work as well as build trust and amplify messages
- It can be used in many different situations – funding bids, pitching for contracts, meetings with colleagues and stakeholders, engaging with customers, presenting to boards or producing reports (including annual reports)
- Utilising skills honed in newsrooms from major newspapers to the BBC, this course will teach you how to identify and structure stories that will build trust with the audiences you want to engage
What will delegates learn?
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Understand how to identify an engaging story within your work
- How to structure a story so it applies to your work and will best engage your audience
- Understand fundamental safeguarding and legal risks and how to provide balance and fairness
- Understand audience behaviours and social media opportunities / risks
There will be opportunities to ask questions and receive bespoke advice during the session.
Find out more and register for the event here.