SUSTAINABLE EARTH 2021 HAS A NUMBER OF MARKETPLACE SESSIONS AVAILABLE – NOW OPEN TO APPLICATIONS.
Taking place 24 – 25 June, Sustainable Earth 2021 is an online forum bringing together researchers, businesses, public sector, NGOs, community groups and individuals to hear inspirational speakers, network, spark ideas and encourage collaborations to tackle the global and local challenges of the climate emergency.
Marketplace Sessions provide an opportunity to host a 30 minute presentation/Q&A to showcase your organisation’s work relating to any of the conference’s key themes.
The 2021 Marketplace sessions offer an online platform to present, connect and engage with a local and global audience about your research, initiative or action around the climate emergency.
- Marketplace sessions will be held across 24 and 25 June 2021
- Sessions last 30 minutes and must relate to one or more of the key themes (see below)
- The event will be online (delivery of presentations must be possible via a video conferencing platform)
- Deadline for applications: Sunday 11 April
WHO CAN SUBMIT
We welcome marketplace applications from anyone – University staff and students, researchers, business, public sector, community interest companies(CIC), social enterprises, community groups and individuals who would like to showcase a project, initiative or research findings.
A marketplace format is where a number of presentations (~10) occur simultaneously and the attendees can wander between the tables (like a marketplace!). It is informal and encourages interaction and discussion. Marketplace sessions in previous years have been held around round tables, but as the event moves online they will be hosted in ‘break-out’ style sessions. They will be listed on the event programme and available for any event delegate to join (numbers may vary from a few to 50+ per session)
• Your marketplace session must be no longer than 30 minutes
• You will need to share any presentation content (eg slideshow, video etc) via ‘screen sharing’ facility on the event platform (similar to Zoom)
• The suggested format is a 15 minute presentation and 15 minute discussion/Q&A
• Your audience will be able to engage with you via video/audio or via the chatbox function
• There will be multiple marketplace sessions happening simultaneously – your title and presentation summary needs to be engaging, as delegates will pick which marketplace they attend based on this information
- Built Environment
- Mobility & Transport
- Food & Diet
- Land & Sea
- (Circular) Economy & Resources
- Behaviour Change
- Arts & Climate
- Carbon Offsetting
- Policy – Global, National, Regional and Local
- Business – Research & action
- Public Sector – Research & action
- Social Enterprises – Research & action
- Community action – Research & action
You will be required to complete the following details:
- Your contact details
- Your proposed presentation title
- Which theme/s the presentation relates to (more than one can apply)
- A 250 word summary of the presentation
- How you might like to share any presentation material eg. slideshow, video