THIS INTRODUCTION COURSE IS AIMED AT THOSE INVOLVED IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE TO ENSURE AN UNDERSTANDING OF RULES OF ORIGIN, PRODUCT CLASSIFICATION AND ITEM VALUATION TO MEET THE DEMANDS OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN BOTH EXPORTING AND IMPORTING.
Understanding origin, tariffs and valuation is essential for correct calculation of taxation and duties, and mistakes leading to non-payment or underpayment are considered a serious matter by HMRC. They also lead to duty reliefs, so getting this right could save you money.
- Preference and Non-Preference Origin
- The rules determining preference rules of origin
- Understanding tariff codes
- Correctly classifying goods with examples
- Import Valuation
- Changes coming in January 2021
- Sources of help and advice