SOUTH WEST BUSINESS COUNCIL QUARTERLY VIRTUAL CONFERENCES ADDRESS KEY TOPICS OF INTEREST FOR THE SOUTH WEST OF ENGLAND.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
For our final conference of 2020, we welcome a stellar line-up of speakers from business, national government and academia to discuss what future trade could look like for the South West. From exploring global markets to opening up new opportunities with Europe, we’ll go behind the rhetoric to explore how regional business can thrive in unprecedented times.
We are delighted to welcome, as our Keynote Speaker, HRH Queen Diambi Kabatusuila of Kasai, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Queen Diambi will share her views on future opportunities for trade and partnerships between the UK and Africa.
Please join us for a fascinating debate and views from Europe, Asia and the Americas of the UK in the 21st Century.
- 9:30 Welcome and Introduction; Dr Robin Daniels, CEO, South West Business Council.
- 9:35 Chairman’s business briefing; Tim Jones, Chair, South West Business Council.
- 9:45 UK Transition – Business Readiness; Paul Shand, Head of Trade, South West, Department for International Trade.
- 9:55 Top tips for global exporters; Ben Travers, Head of IP & IT, Stephens Scown LLP.
- 10:05 Panel Discussion
- 10:15 Cracking Japan; Janet Sawyer BEM, MBE, Executive Chair, Little Pod Ltd.
10:25 – 10:35 Networking break
- 10:35 Prospects for global trade – Europe, India and the Commonwealth; Professor Alex de Ruyter, Director, Centre for Brexit Studies, Birmingham City University
- 10:45 Brexit, Tax and other opportunities; Chris Walklett, International Tax Partner & Wendy Andrews, Director of VAT, Bishop Fleming LLP.
- 10:55 The view from China; Darren Horne, CEO & Dr Aili Zhu, Aspen Waite China UK. Rob Cochrane, South West China Alliance.
- 11:05 The view from India; Siddharth Mukne, Associate Director at UK India Business Council.
- 11:15 Panel Discussion
11:30 – 12:00 Networking break
- 12:00 The view from Africa; HRH Queen Diambi Kabatusuila of Kasai, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 12:15 Q&A
- 12:30 The future of international trade for the South West; Craig Carey-Clinch, Managing Director, Rowan Public Affairs.
12:45 – 13:00 Networking & Close
We do hope that you can join us for networking, great presentations and a chance to engage in a topic that continues to evolve.
Please feel free to share this event with your networks.