Recovery after lockdown is the topic of a live business summit launched for South West SMEs.
Business leaders will hear from a panel of experts, as they discuss the key actions to focus on now as part of your SME business recovery plan.
Experts from Timewade, Astley Media, Minerva Lifelong Learning, Insight 6, Commissioning HR, Stephens Scown LLP and Bishop Fleming form the panel.
The summit is part of the ‘Technology For Success’ programme run by Timewade that gives South West SMEs free business guidance on using technology across their business.
Julian Wills , Founder of Technology for Success and Managing Director of Timewade, said: “We know that planning improves business performance. But the greater the uncertainty, the harder SMEs find it to plan ahead. But of course that’s also the reason why planning becomes even more important.
“We’ve got an exceptional panel of experts who will be working through exactly what that plan should cover at the T4S SME Live Summit.”
Overall business strategy, use of technology, marketing and sales, finance, human resources, legal, customer experience, skills and learning will all be covered.
Delegates will also have the chance to put their questions to the panel, and will be given a free SME Business Roadmap to Recovery checklist to help them progress their business planning.
The Live Summit is Thursday July 2 from 10.45am – 12noon, and is free to attend – but places are limited and must be booked in advance.
On the panel are:
- Julian Wills, Tech and IT specialist, MD Timewade, Founder Technology for Success
- Vikram Kamerkar, Partner, Minerva Lifelong Learning, former Director, Ernst & Young
- Rhian Huxtable, Customer Experience Specialist, Insight 6, former Head of Retail Boots UK
- Alison Lambert MAPD, Dip M, Chartered MCIPD, Director & Strategic HR Consultant Commissioning HR, Chair of CIPD Devon and Cornwall
- Tom Chartres-Moore, Associate solicitor in the IP and IT team at Stephens Scown, head of the firms’ food and drink team and a non-executive director of Food Drink Devon
- Dan White, Technology, Innovation and Growth Specialist & Director of Business Services at Bishop Fleming Chartered Accountants
- Dan Pritchard, CIPR Advanced Practitioner, MD Astley Media, Founder Tech South West
Panelist Ben Travers, of Stephens Scown, said: “Businesses responded to the Covid-19 crisis reactively. The SME Live Summit will provide delegates with the knowledge and resources to make strategic decisions which impact and benefit their business in the short and longer-term. I am looking forward to being a part of this event and helping business leaders prepare for the ‘new world’ of work we find ourselves in.”
The summit follows the success of the T4S Essential Support for SMEs webinar series. All of the episodes can be found on YouTube: https://bit.ly/T4SCatchUp.
Vikram Kamerkar of Minerva Lifelong Learning, added: “We’ll be asking what are the actions that companies need to take right now to come out of lockdown better? The panel will each have their own opinions and views on what is important but all of us agree that a clear strategy, underpinned by technology is essential to stay competitive and for long-term success.”