The programme starts on Monday 27 September, and culminates with a live pitch event in November.
The deadline for entries is on Friday 10 September.
StartUp Studio is delivered by Activate and Skowt Consulting, with support from expert partners including Astley Media, RSM, Granted Consultancy, SETsquared Exeter, King Recruit and British Business Bank.
Tech South West celebrates and showcases the very best tech in the west, shining the spotlight on exceptional tech brands at every stage of the growth journey.
Find out more about the programme, and how to apply, at https://www.techsouthwest.co.uk/startupstudio/
Who’s it for?
The programme is for TECH companies:
- Based in the South West
- At pre-seed/seed stage that have not yet raised a commercial round of funding (although may have had friends & family funds, or grants);
- That have been trading for less than 2 years;
- That are seeking external investment;
- Looking to make a positive difference in society, the economy, and the environment;
- That have a focussed, motivated and committed team; and
- That has a large potential market that’s either new, or ripe for disruption
What do you get?
- A fully-funded place on Activate’s 6-week virtual, intensive accelerator programme
- Including three full-day workshops
- Extensive pre and post workshop “homework”
- Inspirational fireside chats from past cohort members and successful entrepreneurs from the South West
- Q&A sessions
- Friday night virtual drinkies!
- All completely virtual and delivered via Zoom
- 1:1 Mentoring support during the programme
- Dedicated Slack channel for all communication between Activate and cohort members
- BuddyUp programme for support from other cohort members
- Pitch practice and investor ready
- Extensive entry on ActivateU – Activate’s investment portal
- An opportunity to pitch to angels, networks and Seed VC funds at the Tech South West PitchUp! Event at the end of each programme
- On-going expert support – investment, grant funding, business strategy, brand, marketing, legal and financial expertise from our Partners
- Opportunity to win the StartUp Studio Cohort Member of the Year Award at the TSW Awards in November
- PR as a StartUpStudio breakout brand
- Business expertise and contacts
Stage 1 – Apply initially using the form on this page
- Eligible firms will then be invited to formally apply and create a space on ActivateU – Activate’s investment portal
Stage 2 – Activate Programme
- Intensive 6-week programme
- From Principles to MVP through Market Testing
- Building a pitch deck as you go
Stage 3 – Public Pitch at the TSW StartUp Studio Pitch Event, to our investor network (global, national, regional)
Stage 4 – On-going support from our Partners
Stage 5 – Funding – investment and grant options – for accelerated growth
Stage 6 – Entered for Best TSW StartUp Studio Cohort Member Award at the Tech South West Awards in November
To find out more about Startup Studio visit: https://www.techsouthwest.co.uk/startupstudio/
To find out more about Plymouth Science Park visit: https://www.plymouthsciencepark.com/